Eleven40 gallery are happy to accept gallery submissions from both new and established artists, however while we don't have strict submission criteria you need to be detailed and professional in your approach. Your submissions should provide examples and information such as
- Samples of your work (print or email is OK) but divide it carefully so we know what is
a) new work
b) past exhibitions
- Provide a detailed CV about yourself and list past exhibitions. Make sure you indicate how many works you had in group shows and let us know which of your works were in which shows.
- Tell us what your working on or towards, why and what inspires you.
- If you haven't exhibited before don't dispair, your work will be considered on its merits.
Lets face it, getting your work into a gallery is no easy feat and we can't make any promises it will be any easier here at Eleven40. It seems everyones a photographer these days and your work needs to be incredibly compelling, unique and have a strong individual style to cut through the clutter of a world besiged by images. Our principle consideration will be if your work does that. We are also a commercial gallery, so the element of salability of the work must play some consideration in our choices, although it can be overlooked in the case of an outstanding body of more documentary or socially inspiring work.
Submissions should either be either
- mailed to Eleven40 Gallery, 1140 Malvern Rd, Malvern VIC 3143 Australia.
- We will make appointments to see you but ONLY after some sample work provided.
You may contact us on 03 8823 1140 to discuss your submission if needed but please understand we can only devote a limited amount of time without first seeing your work.